Pages

soft brimmed hat that supports women's rights


FEDORA 
My favorite kind of sombrero is a fedora.I strongly believe that fedoras make or break style. To understand this post you must know that I usually call all my hats fedoras. The thing is I don't really know the actual name of all the different hat styles out there and since I love the word fedora I decided to stick to this word and apply it to all hat styles out there. My fedora is from ZAFUL, it is extremely soft, comfortable and stylish. I choose the grey one because it goes great with any outfit and it is also perfect for the cold weather.

Due to my eternal love for this hat style I decided to learn more about the beginnings of FEDORA . I found out that fedora comes from the title of an 1882 play by a dramatist Victorien Sardou. Sarah Bernhardt played Princess Fédora. This play was about Berhardt - a notorious cross-dresser that wore a center creased, soft brimmed hat. The hat was fashionable for women, and the women's rights movement adopted it as a symbol. 

Isn't this exciting? I never imagine this was the heart of the fedora hat. Definitely being curious pays off. After I researched this word I decided being curious goes a long way, not only you learn all kinds of things but you also discover interesting facts along the way. So, let's keep using our fedora to style outfits and also keeping in mind that we must always support women and women's rights. 


LOVE,
LR







Unknown

No comments: