Pages

question everything

Question everything, my Father Said.

My father always makes me question everything. I mean everything. When I was younger this used to annoy me so much but as I grew older everything started to make sense. Now that I am an adult, married, working and following my dreams I understand and appreciate why he always made us think outside the box and question everything

Creating things has always been a huge passion of mine, since I was very young I tore jeans and created handbags, wrote songs and recorded them in my Karaoke lol, drew and pasted things to magazines then scanned it to my computer to create digital art and of course took hours and hours on a tumblr trying to code and create my own theme. In general I've always known I love being creative and creating things that are not there but are in my mind.

Fashion has always been something I liked however when I was younger this wasn't something I thought I would be working on nevertheless be so passionate about. My passion for style and photography started two years ago and like my father showed me I started to question why the excitement and passion for these particular subjects. So I started to read about the Psychology of Fashion, The name of the book is Mind What You Wear by Professor Karen Pine. I would love to share with you two of my favorite quotes of her book:

"Serious development of the personality takes place at the closet door."

"Women are more sensitive to different moods than men and in their study, a woman's mood was more likely to influence her choice of clothing. Perhaps that is why we women need to have more clothes, to match multitude of moods to which we are subject?Or,if not, it seems a rather good excuse!"

-Karen J Pine, Mind What You Wear: The Psychology of Fashion 


In this book she uncovers startling evidence for how our clothes have the power to change our minds.  After I read this book I understood that my passion for fashion started because I started appreciating how I felt when I wore something I loved, something I felt comfortable in and something that reflected myself. 

I recommend this book as much as I recommend to always question everything as my father showed me..and  by doing this you get a chance to know yourself better and understand many things that are worth understanding but sometimes you don't even realize they are worth questioning. 




Thank you Dad. 

Much love, 

Laura  


Direct link to buy this amazing book : Mind What You Wear




Unknown

No comments: